Adaptronic Plug-In Select ECU for Mazda RX8 03-08
Adaptronic Plug-In Select ECU for 03-08 Mazda RX8
Product Code: eSel002
RRP: $1599.00 AU
If you are looking to make more power out of your RX8 engine while retaining great drivability, especially with forced induction modifications, you need an Adaptronic Plug-In Select RX8 ECU!
As far as we know, this is currently the only aftermarket ECU solution that is designed specifically for the 03-08 Mazda RX8.
This unit is designed to retain the factory ECU in a 'piggyback' arrangement, but it is NOT an interceptor unit. This unit still allows full control of fuel, spark, and various important actuators on the engine. The Adaptronic unit is positioned on top of the factory ECU in the engine bay.
The most popular turbo kit for this engine, is provided with a blanking plate for the 'APV' / auxiliary port valves (due to a limitation in the typical ECU/tuning solution for the kit). However, with the Adaptronic Select ECU you don't need the blanking plate, because the Adaptronic unit allows full control of the auxiliary port valves for proper tuning at the top-end, allowing the power and useable rev range to be maximised (as shown below).
This Adaptronic Plug-In Select ECU is sold with a base map to get the engine running, so all you have to do is plug it in, ready for tuning.
The ECU has an internal 4 bar MAP sensor, so you can simply run a hose from the barb on the ECU straight to the intake plenum. You may retain the air flow meter if you wish, but MAP sensing is required for most forced-induction applications.
Despite being plug-and-play, you still have the freedom to configure and tune the ECU as you wish, with the user-friendly WARI tuning software.
There is a pinout table provided in the WARI software, so you know exactly what each input and output is connected to on the engine.
The Adaptronic ECU has 'volumetric efficiency' tuning modes, allowing very effective fuel tuning for optimal air-fuel ratios.
This particular Adaptronic unit also has 3 levels of injector staging, which are fully automated! All you need to do is specify the sizes/flow-rates of the injectors.
There is also an adjustable spark-split table, so the tuner can optimise the firing angles of the leading and trailing spark plugs.
If you are still curious about the 'piggyback' nature of the installation, read on...
The factory ECU continues to control and/or communicate with the following:
- Drive-By-Wire (DBW) electronic throttle (and therefore idle control)
- Air conditioner
- OBDII / CAN system
The Adaptronic unit takes full control of the following:
- Spark timing (fully sequential) and spark split
- Fuel Injection (3 levels of staging, with sequential injection on first primary injectors, paired injection on second primary injectors, paired injection on secondary injectors)
- Secondary Side Valve (SSV)
- Variable Dynamic Intake (VDI)
- Auxiliary Port Valve (APV)
- Variable Fresh Air Duct (VFAD)
- "3D" Fuel and Ignition maps (32x16 cells per table)
- Water temperature corrections, air temperature corrections, Manifold Air Pressure (MAP) sensor for load sensing, Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) for transient throttle response, knock sensing, O2/EGO (exhaust gas oxygen) for closed-loop fuel control
- Internal MAP sensor suitable for up to 40 psi of boost
- Closed-Loop Adaptive fuel control - with configurable tolerances and loop gains, and conditions under which adaptive behaviour takes place
- Optional idle control fine-tuning by ignition timing adjustments
- Optional Flex Fuel control (requires fuel composition sensor to be fitted)
- 3.5mm headphone jack for listening to knock
- PC interface via USB cable
- Field upgradeable firmware
- Datalogging via 'WARI' PC software
- Free support by forum, email and phone
- 12 month 'return to base' warranty
- Many other features!
Our customers say...
"The Adaptronic improved the drivablility & fuel consumption massively. It also gave me the flexibility to easily change from tuning using TPS when I was running individual throttle bodies to MAP tuning when the turbos were installed"